There’s a fine line between spending money to smell nice and showing off perfume. This is where Yves Saint Laurent Y Eau de Parfum Spray comes into play. In this article, we’ll review the Y Eau de Parfum and discuss our findings.
This post may have affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission on purchases through the links (at no extra cost to you). This does not change our opinion but does help support the site. Thank you!
This YSL perfume takes every man’s wardrobe to the next level. With the perfect scent, men can add to their already enticing allure and escalate it.
Who Makes it?
Y Eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent is an Aromatic Fougere fragrance created especially for men.
Y was presented to the world in 2018, created by the perfumer Dominique Ropion.
The scent notes are a vital part of any perfume and pairing scent notes can either make or break the fragrance.
In addition, each of us have different scent note preferences, and knowing what you like can be a deciding factor when purchasing a new cologne.
Here are the YSL Y scent notes in detail:
- The Top notes: bergamot, ginger, apple
- The Heart: sage, geranium, juniper berries
- The Base: vetiver, cedar, Tonka, amber woods, olibanum
- You’ll receive plenty of compliments when using Y Eau de Parfum Spray
- High-quality cologne
- Keeps its fresh and fragrant smell in the heat
- The Y Eau de Parfum fragrance is not very unique common – primarily because of other scents in the same “blue” fragrance category.
- Sillage: Reasonable – We consider the sillage solid but small.
- Longevity: Very good. It isn’t necessary to overspray for the fragrance to be effective. The company promises 12 hours of fragrance, although the scent only touched the 10-hour mark. Nevertheless, the smell is one that will please those around you.
- Scent potency/ Appropriate for: The aroma is versatile enough to be worn at the office, on a date, or even casually. This can arguably be the best thing about this scent. It’s suitable for all occasions, meaning this can quickly become your staple, everyday smell.
- Price: $$$$ The biggest pro of the Yves Saint Laurent Y Eau de Parfum comes down to what is at the top of your list. Is it the longevity or the scent of elegance? Or, possibly the fact that it suits any occasion.
Who Would Like it
Yves Saint Laurent Y Eau de Parfum Spray is perfect for those who love the nightlife. But the question is, who will like it most?
Any man looking to elevate his style and his persona in general. It is the perfect addition to a guy’s grooming routine, creating an aroma of sage and spice, perfect for spicing up your life.
When to Wear it
Yves Saint Laurent Y Eau de Parfum Spray is recommended for evening wear.
Although this perfume can be worn all year, we recommend choosing an alternative during summer in the daytime, mostly because some scent notes could do better in heavy heat and humidity.
It can be worn for any event however, this scent is perfect for work, and also romantic dates. The notes are alluring and can even be considered attractive.
This is the perfect scent for anyone who wishes to spend a night out on the town, even a fancy dinner with friends or work colleagues.
Packaging and Presentation
Arguably, the packaging is just as important as the perfume itself. With that said, the Y Eau de Parfum gets you hooked from the moment your eyes catch a glimpse of the simple, yet elegant box.
Encased in a dark coloured box with a high contrast “Y”, is the bottle. A dark midnight blue with a simple and recognizable “Yves Saint Laurent” across the top.
The bottle itself is an elegant, not over the top, style that travels easily.
We were hooked on Yves Saint Laurent Y Eau de Parfum Spray from start to finish. Not only is it packaged well, but the scent also travels.
Yves Saint Laurent Y Eau de Parfum Spray doesn’t present the enveloping effect that other fragrances with similar notes often have.
The scent remains crisp, clean, and sweet. The potency of the tonka bean isn’t so overwhelming. Although some individuals are often put off by the scent of amber wood, we liked it. Y EDP isn’t overpowering and doesn’t cause any sneezing or discomfort.
You will begin to smell the sage if you wear the fragrance long enough. In the beginning, it works well with the ginger top note, but as time goes on, the sage starts to overtake the fragrance. However, Y EDP has a beautiful green herbal scent, especially when dried down.
With the cedar and vetiver lingering as the base, it’s no surprise that this is the effect that begins to take a course. We have noticed that the EDP version has much more depth than the EDT and is more exciting and dynamic.
Longevity is quite an improvement compared to the others. This scent can easily hit the 10-hour mark, whereas others begin to fade after about 5 to 7 hours.
This means that this YSL Eau de Parfum is the perfect addition to your luxury perfume collection. Not only will it last all night, but your scent will lure those around you.
Y EDP has a beautiful scent and is appealing to the majority. Although it shares some characteristics with multiple other aromas, it still stands out from the crowd with its different notes.
The apple, bergamot, and sage at the top are lovely. The performance is up to par, as is the crispness and the fresh, contemporary scent.
This Yves Saint Laurent fragrance for men is one of the best scents the brand has released. We cannot think of another product YSL scent that has recently reached these heights in terms of smell and performance.