We think of champagne toasts as part of celebrations, like New Year’s Eve, weddings, and milestone parties.
This post may have affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission on purchases through the links (at no extra cost to you). This does not change our opinion but does help support the site. Thank you!
So, much like its namesake, Bath & Body Works’ Champagne Toast smells like a celebration of life.
Who Makes It?
Champagne Toast was launched by Bath & Body Works in 2016 to rave reviews as a part of their Celebration Collection. They have since released it in several other collections.
What Does Champagne Toast Smell Like?
The most crucial part of any perfume is its smell. Champagne Toast has a sweet, fruity aroma.
While the fragrance is sugary, it’s not overwhelming, so you don’t need to worry about it being cloying. Its keynotes are black currant, pink champagne, nectarine, and musk.
Champagne Toast will remind you of a sweet, bubbly, fruity seltzer that you’d drink at an office party or a New Year’s celebration, with a slight hint of warmth.
The top notes of this fine fragrance mist are tangerine and champagne. We think these top notes are what give the body its celebration vibe.
Champagne Toast’s middle notes are nectarine, passionfruit, black currant, and hibiscus.
These scents are the perfect bridge between the bubbly exuberance of the champagne and tangerine with the grounded fragrance of the base notes.
Speaking of base notes, sugar, vanilla, plum tree, and musk create the lasting impression of Champagne Toast.
This combination maintains the sweetness from the top notes but is grounded enough not to be overly sweet.
- Pros: You can wear this fine fragrance mist everywhere. It’s moderate enough to be acceptable in every situation.
- Cons: Champagne Toast is many people’s favorite fragrance by Bath & Body Works, so if you want a unique smell, it may not be right for you.
- Sillage: Good. You’ll be able to leave a lasting impression without it being overwhelming.
- Longevity: Very good. The longevity of this fragrance makes it the perfect pick for a long day in the office. However, you should note that, like with all body mists, you may need to top up after four hours.
- Scent potency/Appropriate for: Champagne Toast is perfect for the office and other places where you want to smell good to someone standing at arm’s length, but you don’t want it to be too distracting.
- Price: $. If you’re looking for a high-quality perfume on a budget, Champagne Toast is a great fragrance option. Bath & Body Works has a reputation for providing high-quality products at a fair cost, and this fine fragrance mist is no different.
Who Would Like it
Champagne Toast is a very youthful fragrance, so it’s not suitable for you if you’re looking for a more mature, aged smell.
But if you’re looking for a fun, vibrant scent that’s energetic, refreshing, and bubbly, go with the champagne!
It’s a good choice for someone on a budget who wants a tried-and-true fragrance that’s great for work, family gatherings, and day-to-day activities.
When To Wear It
While Champagne Toast was initially released as a winter fragrance, it works well for all seasons.
Its bright and upbeat sweetness makes it a great summertime scent, reminiscent of eating an orange creamsicle. The citrusy freshness of this fine fragrance mist is everything you need for the summer months.
It’s also perfect for winter because it’s a gourmand fragrance mist, and it has a hint of warmth underneath all its sweetness.
With its noteworthy floral tones, Champagne Toast’s exuberance makes it work for spring.
It lacks the woodsy, earthy tones that most people associate with autumn, but it’s still moderate and versatile enough to be worn without feeling out of place.
Champagne Toast is a daytime fragrance. It’s a light, floral and citrusy scent that lacks the rich woodsy and oriental tones that would make it ideal for nighttime events.
Where To Wear it
Champagne Toast is an excellent fragrance for going about your day-to-day life. The body spray is one of Bath & Body Works’ most popular fragrances because it is so dependable. You can wear it to work, to brunch, on a date, to school, and in countless other places.
Despite the versatility of this Bath & Body Works scent, we wouldn’t recommend it for highly formal events.
While the bubbly, youthful scent works well for casual occasions and workplace settings, we’d recommend something more mature if you’re going to a black-tie function.
We also wouldn’t recommend using Champagne Toast if you have a day of heavy labor planned.
Packaging and Presentation
Champagne Toast has beautiful packaging. We think its bottle makes it stand out from every other Bath & Body Works scent before you even enjoy its aroma.
It comes in a beautiful pink bottle reminiscent of pink champagne. The bottle has a silver nozzle, and the label has silver bubbles. It makes a solid first impression.
You can get this fine fragrance mist in the standard Bath & Body Works packaging, but we like the special gift box options.
Our favorite was the pink box with Sip Sip Hooray written in gold text.
The bubbly champagne-scented Bath & Body Works fine fragrance mist left a good impression on us as soon as we saw the bottle.
When we sprayed the first mist and got to experience its citrusy champagne scent, we immediately understood why people love this scent so much.
Champagne Toast has a sweetness that we found charming. Its scent isn’t overbearing. It’s just enough to make a good impression.
Expect compliments when you wear this charming, bubbly champagne scent because this fragrance earned all its good reviews.
Champagne Toast has good longevity and sillage.
The fine fragrance mist lasts longer on your clothes than on your body, but the scent lasts long enough to carry you through your day.
Some body mists announce your arrival before entering a room, and some are only noticeable when someone gets close to you.
Champagne Toast falls in the middle. Anyone within talking distance to you will notice the scent, but the fine fragrance mist won’t take over a room.
Similar Bath & Body Works Scents
If you enjoy Champagne Toast, you’ll also enjoy these other fine fragrance mists and body sprays:
- Bath & Body Works Wrapped In Sugar
- Bath & Body Works Pink Confetti
- Bath & Body Works Cocktail Dress
- Bath & Body Works You’re the One
- Bath & Body Works Champagne Apple & Honey
- Bath & Body Works Sunshine Mimosa
- Bath & Body Works Strawberry Pound Cake
- Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple
- Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel